Sunday, December 17, 2017

Flower Bottom Coin Purse


It's been a while since I've posted any patterns. Mostly because I've been busy and forgot to put them up.

Anyway, this is a pattern for a little coin purse. I made a new purse for myself and because I chose to forego the coin pocket (since it only collected everything but coins) and still needed something to collect all my change in without overloading my purse I made up a pattern for a little coin purse since I didn't find any existing patterns I liked.
Front View.
Bottom of the bag

Materials:
3 3/8inch purse clasp
Worsted weight yarn
4.25 mm hook

Terms(US Terms):

Ch: Chain
Sl st: Slip stitch
SC: Single Crochet
HDC: Half Double Crochet
DC: Double Crochet.
TR: Treble Crochet

Pattern: 

Ch 5 and join to 1st chain with sl st to form loop

Round 1: Sc 12 times into loop. Join.

Round 2: *Ch 3. Sc into next 2 sts. Repeat from * around. Join. You should have 6 ch 3 loops.

Round 3: *Sl st into ch 3 loop, sc, 2 hdc, dc, ch 1, dc, 2 hdc, sc, sl st. In same loop. Sl st in sc. Repeat from * around. Join.

Round 4: *Sl st in next stitch, Sc 2 hdc, 2dc, 1 tr, ch 2, 1 tr, 2 dc, 2 hdc, 1 sc, evenly up and down the side of the first petal.  Repeat from * around. Join. Fasten off.

Round 5: Join with sl st in any of the ch 2 spaces at the top of a petal. Ch 2. Sc into ch 2 loop. *In back loops only, sc in next 4 sts, skip next 5 stitches, sc into back loop of next st, sc in back loops of next 3 sts. Sc ch 1, sc in ch 2 space. Repeat from * around. Join.

Round 6: Ch 5 (1st ch forms sc), *skip next 2 sts. Sc in next st. Ch 3, skip next 4 sts, Ch 4, sc into ch 1 space, ch 4. Repeat from * around. Join to 3rd ch of first ch 6 with sl st.

Round 7: Ch 6 (1st 3 chs form dc), *sc into top of next ch 3 loop, Ch 3, skip next loop and sc into one after that. ch 3, Dc in sc. Ch 3. Repeat from * around. Join to 3rd ch of first ch 6 with sl st.

Round 8: Sl st into loop, *ch 3, skip next loop, ch 3, sc into next ch 3 loop. Repeat from * around.Join.

Round 9: Sl st into middle of next loop. *Ch 3, Sc into next loop. Repeat from * around. Join.

Round 10-12: Repeat Round 8

Round 13: Ch 1, *Sc 3 times in ch 3 loop, skip sc. Repeat from * around. Join.

Round 14-15: Ch 1, * Sc in Sc. Repeat from * around. Join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

I created a liner for the coin purse out of fabric and I'll be the first to admit I am not the person to ask for a sewing tutorial. Attaching the finished purse to the clasp frame was a little finicky for me as it was the first time doing it but overall it was easy as all you need to do is hand sew the purse to the frame with some heavy thread, light yarn, or I used left over cross-stitch floss.

Hope you enjoy the pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment